Gmail is an essential app for Android users, it helps keep them updated and sync with their mailing and other functionality. With the introduction of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean many users started pointing out the issues with the older Gmail app so Google took time and they released Gmail v4.2.1 for better stability and some added features. The latest version of Gmail brings the cool Pinch to zoom and swipe to delete/archive feature which were available on Android 4.2 only. By default there are disabled, to enabled these features you have to open the settings.
How to enable Pinch-to-zoom and Swipe to delete function on Android 4.2:
- Pinch to zoom: Go to General settings Menu and enable “Auto fit messages” this will enable the pinch zoom feature.
- Swipe to delete/ Archive: Go to General settings, search for option “Swiping conversion list”. You can set “Archive or delete” function.
The new interface is much cleaner and sleek. Google has also taken care of performance and thus Gmail has much butter smooth experience and fast transitions. You will love the new updated Gmail.
New features of Gmail v4.2.1 for Android 4.0 and later:
- Auto fit the mails to screen and allow zooming.
- Swipe action to delete or archive messages.
- Added functionality to attach a photo directly from within the email client
- Larger Photo preview and there is option in gallery view for photo attachments
- Lots of bug fixes and performance enhancements.
These features are only available for people who have updated their device to Android ICS or Jelly Bean. Gmail update for Android Gingerbread users just include performance improvements and bug fixes beside that Google has added a new Lablels API for 3rd party developers.
- Play Match-Maker with Spritzr Dating App
- Top Grossing Slot Apps
- How to increase app visibility in app store?
- Samsung Galaxy A7 is the slimmest phone from the company
- Asus ZenFone 2 with 4 GB RAM announced at CES 2015
- HTC Desire 620 dual SIM & Desire 620G announced
- OnePlus One launching in India on December 2 via Amazon
- Xiaomi RedMi Note going on sale in India on Dec 2nd
- Lenovo Vibe X2 now available from Flipkart for Rs.19,999
- Google Nexus 6 India price revealed
Follow us on Twitter