We have seen it leak a lot in the past along with a truck load of rumors but Cupertino based tech giant Apple has finally made its next generation of the iPad official as the Apple iPad Air. Wondering why Apple has used the term ‘Air’ in the naming? Well, the company has managed to make the iPad 5 aka iPad Air much lighter and thinner when compared to the iPad 4 and also, the bezel of the tablet has been thinned down which will make a bit more compact.
The Apple iPad Air has a 9.7 inch capacitive touchscreen display which still has the Retina Display (2048 x 1536 pixels) intact and no improvment in that front has been done by Apple but the processor on the iPad Air is the latest Apple A7 with 64 but processing and m& motion co processor which were debuted on the Apple iPhone 5S earlier this year. The camera on the iPad Air is the same 5 megapixel iSight with 1080p video recording capability while the tablet has dual Wi-Fi antenna – MiMO for connectivity. The Apple iPad Air weighs just 454 grams and measures at just 7.5mm which is impressive. Design wise, the iPad Air takes cues from the iPad Mini and has more rounded corners and a smooth finish on the back. No other noteworthy changes have been made to the Apple iPad Air but for the Apple fans, the iPad Air might just hold a valid upgrade giving the powerful processor and the minor design tweaks that Apple has included on the tablet. Not to forget that the device will run on the redesigned iOS 7 OS and will be made available for buyers in selected markets starting from November 1st. Buyers will have to shell out $499 for a 16 GB Wi-Fi version and so on while Apple has gone ahead and renamed the iPad 4 as the Apple iPad 2 and reduced its price to $399.
- How to Fight a Skeleton in Minecraft
- Play Match-Maker with Spritzr Dating App
- Top Grossing Slot Apps
- How to increase app visibility in app store?
- Samsung Galaxy A7 is the slimmest phone from the company
- Asus ZenFone 2 with 4 GB RAM announced at CES 2015
- HTC Desire 620 dual SIM & Desire 620G announced
- OnePlus One launching in India on December 2 via Amazon
- Xiaomi RedMi Note going on sale in India on Dec 2nd
- Lenovo Vibe X2 now available from Flipkart for Rs.19,999
Follow us on Twitter