- HTC One Hands on Review: The Most Beautiful Droid Ever
- Samsung Galaxy NotePRO 12.2, Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 12.2 announced
- Gionee Pioneer P3 with 4.3 inch display, quad-core SoC launched
- Nokia Lumia 630 launched with dual-SIM connectivity
- Micromax Canvas Music A88 bundled with JBL Tempo headset launched
Earlier today, Waterloo-based BlackBerry made the BlackBerry Z10 full touch smartphone running on BlackBerry 10 OS official and the company also gave us a look at the much-awaited BlackBerry Q10 smartphone which will the first BlackBerry 10 OS running smartphone with a physical full-QWERTY keyboard which has been the identity of the BlackBerry smartphone since ever. With the inclusion of the physical keyboard, BlackBerry has to compromise on the screen size of the smartphone but still managed to pack in a 3.1 inch AMOLED touchscreen on the BlackBerry Q10 which has a display resolution of 720 x 720 pixels giving us a pixel density of 330 PPI.
Interestingly, BlackBerry has not shared much details on the specifications that the company has included in the BlackBerry Q10 but there are a few basic things which we do know about the smartphone. Like the BlackBerry Q10 gets all its processing power from a 1.5 GHz dual-core TI OMAP processor with 2 GB RAM which is the same as on the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone.
The BlackBerry Q10 will have similar connectivity options as that on the BlackBerry Z10 and include the Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, MicroUSB port, MicroHDMI port, LTE, NFC, A-GPS. The smartphone has many sensors included in it which are the Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Proximity, Gyroscope and the Ambient light sensor. Any more details on the BlackBerry Q10 smartphone are sketchy for the moment.
BlackBerry has announced that it will make the BlackBerry Q10 available globally sometime in April this year with no mention of any specific date and also the company did not share any details on the pricing of the smartphone which is expected to be revealed only near the time of the launch of the smartphone.
Known specifications of the BlackBerry Q10:
- 3.1-inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 720 x 720 pixels and pixel density of 330 PPI
- 1.5 GHz dual-core TI OMAP processor with 2GB RAM
- Memory Expandable to up to 32 GB
- LTE, Bluetooth, NFC, Wi-Fi, A-GPS
- MicroUSB port, MicroHDMI port