Canadian giant BlackBerry (PS: Research in Motion [RIM] has been rebranded as BlackBerry from today) has today officially unveiled its BlackBerry Z10 smartphone which runs on the newly developed BlackBerry 10 OS on which the company is betting all its money. The BlackBerry Z10 is a full touchscreen smartphone and the BlackBerry 10 OS is a total gesture based OS. Together, the duo is expected to bring back the glory which BlackBerry has lost in the past few years. Coming to the BlackBerry Z10, the smartphone has a 4.2 inch full touch display which packs a resolution of 1280 x 768 pixels giving users a crisp display density of 356 PPI thus you surely will drool on watching some great images on the smartphone. The device runs on a 1.5GHz dual-core processor which is complemented with 2 GB of RAM, thus users will never have to worry about multi-tasking. But we wonder if including the dual-core processor on the BlackBerry Z10 was a intelligent step by the company at a time when we are seeing devices running quad-core processors and soon-to-launch with Octa-core processors.
Leaving all of it behind, the BlackBerry Z10 has an 8 MP camera on its back which is complimented with an LED Flash while a 2 MP camera on the front will take care of all your video calling needs. BlackBerry also showcased that with the BlackBerry 10 OS and making use of the front camera now users will be able to make video calls to other BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) users which is indeed cool.
The BlackBerry Z10 has 16 GB of internal memory to take care of all your storage needs which can surely be expandable using a microSD card. The smartphone packs in various connectivity options like Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, microUSB, microHDMI out, 2G, 3G, 4G and not to forget the near Field Communication (NFC). The BlackBerry Z10 is powered by a 1800 mAh battery which will take care of running the smartphone for you, all day long.
Specifications of the BlackBerry Z10:
- 4.2-inch Capacitive touchscreen with resolution of 1280 x 768 pixels
- 1.5GHz Dual Core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 16GB internal memory, Expandable using microSD card up to 32 GB
- 8MP Autofocus rear camera with LED Flash
- 2MP camera on the front
- Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, NFC, microUSB, microHDMI-Out
- 2G, 3G, 4G LTE
- 1800 mAh battery
- BlackBerry Passport launched in India for Rs.49,990
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha officially launched in India
- BlackBerry Passport goes official with 4.5 inch square display
- HTC Desire 816G Dual SIM launched in India for Rs.18,990
- Spice Dream UNO Android One launched for Rs.6299
- Spice Android One Dream UNO Mi-498 leaks on Flipkart
- Apple iPhone 6 officially launched with 4.7 inch display
- Sony Xperia Z3 with upgraded specs and better design official
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 officially announced
- Lenovo A536 launched with 5 inch display, quad-core SoC
Follow us on Twitter