Canadian giant BlackBerry (PS: Research in Motion [RIM] has been rebranded as BlackBerry from today) has today officially unveiled its BlackBerry Z10 smartphone which runs on the newly developed BlackBerry 10 OS on which the company is betting all its money. The BlackBerry Z10 is a full touchscreen smartphone and the BlackBerry 10 OS is a total gesture based OS. Together, the duo is expected to bring back the glory which BlackBerry has lost in the past few years. Coming to the BlackBerry Z10, the smartphone has a 4.2 inch full touch display which packs a resolution of 1280 x 768 pixels giving users a crisp display density of 356 PPI thus you surely will drool on watching some great images on the smartphone. The device runs on a 1.5GHz dual-core processor which is complemented with 2 GB of RAM, thus users will never have to worry about multi-tasking. But we wonder if including the dual-core processor on the BlackBerry Z10 was a intelligent step by the company at a time when we are seeing devices running quad-core processors and soon-to-launch with Octa-core processors.
Leaving all of it behind, the BlackBerry Z10 has an 8 MP camera on its back which is complimented with an LED Flash while a 2 MP camera on the front will take care of all your video calling needs. BlackBerry also showcased that with the BlackBerry 10 OS and making use of the front camera now users will be able to make video calls to other BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) users which is indeed cool.
The BlackBerry Z10 has 16 GB of internal memory to take care of all your storage needs which can surely be expandable using a microSD card. The smartphone packs in various connectivity options like Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, microUSB, microHDMI out, 2G, 3G, 4G and not to forget the near Field Communication (NFC). The BlackBerry Z10 is powered by a 1800 mAh battery which will take care of running the smartphone for you, all day long.
Specifications of the BlackBerry Z10:
- 4.2-inch Capacitive touchscreen with resolution of 1280 x 768 pixels
- 1.5GHz Dual Core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 16GB internal memory, Expandable using microSD card up to 32 GB
- 8MP Autofocus rear camera with LED Flash
- 2MP camera on the front
- Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, NFC, microUSB, microHDMI-Out
- 2G, 3G, 4G LTE
- 1800 mAh battery
- Xolo Q1000s Plus with 5 inch FHD, 3000 mAh battery announced
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S going on sale for Rs.5,999 in India
- LG L60 X-147 with Android 4.4 now available online
- HTC Butterfly 2 with waterproof body,13 MP camera announced
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini Duos launching in India soon
- Celkon Millennium Dazzle Q44 with Android 4.4 launched
- XOLO 8X-1000 with new Hive UI launched for Rs.13,999
- HTC One Mini 2 with Android 4.4 announced, starts at €470
- Huawei Honor 3C launched in India for Rs.14,999
- Moto E with 4.3 inch qHD display, Android 4.4 launched for Rs.6999
Follow us on Twitter