Back at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Canadian giant BlackBerry went on to announce a new affordable smartphone called the BlackBerry Z3. The company had said that the phone will be made available in Indonesia starting in April and today, the 5 inch smartphone has been made available for prospective buyers to pre-order and with this, we get an insight on the specifications of the BlackBerry Z3.
The BlackBerry Z3 has been manufactured by Foxconn and to keeep a tap on the price tag, the specifications of the Z3 are not so top notch but good for the price. To start with, there is a 5 inch touch screen display with a resolution of 960 x 640 pixels while the device is powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor with Adreno 305 GPU coupled with 1.5 GB of RAM. The internal storage of the device is pegged at 8 GB which will be expandable up to 32 GB usig a microSD card slot. The phone comes with a 5 megapixel auto focus rear camera with LED flash while a 1.1 megapixel front-facing camera has been included on the smartphone.
Powered by the BlackBerry 10 OS which is gesture based, the BlackBerry Z3 measures 9.26mm thick and weighs 164 grams. The phone comes with 2G, 3G, Bluetooth 4.0, 3.5mm audio jack, microUSB, GPS. The phone is powered by a powerful 2500 mAh non-removable battery. In Indonesia, the Z3 is available via carriers for 2,199,000 IDR which is about Rs.11,500 which is indeed cheap and will give the company a nice boost to compete with entry-level Android smartphones.
BlackBerry Z3 specifications:
- 5-inch display
- Resolution of 960 × 540 pixels
- 1.2 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- 1.5 GB RAM
- 8 GB internal storage
- Expandable using microSD card
- 5 megapixel rear camera with LED flash
- 1 megapixel front-facing camera
- 2500 mAh non-removable battery
- How to Fight a Skeleton in Minecraft
- Play Match-Maker with Spritzr Dating App
- Top Grossing Slot Apps
- How to increase app visibility in app store?
- Samsung Galaxy A7 is the slimmest phone from the company
- Asus ZenFone 2 with 4 GB RAM announced at CES 2015
- HTC Desire 620 dual SIM & Desire 620G announced
- OnePlus One launching in India on December 2 via Amazon
- Xiaomi RedMi Note going on sale in India on Dec 2nd
- Lenovo Vibe X2 now available from Flipkart for Rs.19,999
Follow us on Twitter