The HTC Butterfly, which was announced back in December and recently launched in the Indian market is set to get a successor soon if reports doing the rounds are to be believed. The HTC Butterfly which is available in the US as the Droid DNA was the first 5-inch smartphone in the world to pack in a full-HD display with a pixel density of about 440 PPI.
According to the HTC’s Chief Marketing Officer Benjamin Ho, HTC is already working on a successor to the Butterfly that will retain the same Butterfly branding. But we don’t understand the logic behind bringing a successor to the Butterfly when the company has already launched ‘Innovation Packed’ HTC One and is sadly facing some production issues and unable to provide enough stocks in the markets worldwide. But strong sales of the Butterfly in the Asian markets is what seems to be driving HTC to plan a successor to the Butterfly.
Leaving that behind, there was no information provided by Ho on the specifications that the ‘Butterfly II’ might arrive with. But considering that the device is a successor to the original Butterfly, we are speculating that the screen-size should be above 5 inches, a 2 GHz quad-core processor with 2 GB RAM to be included apart from the usual 16 GB/32 GB storage and more. Currently the HTC Butterfly arrives with the following specifications:
- 5-inch Super LCD 3 capacitive screen with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution
- 1.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor with 2 GB RAM
- 16 GB internal storage which is expandable to 32 GB
- 8 MP primary camera with 2.1 MP secondary camera
- Bluetooth 4.0, microUSB, NFC, Wi-Fi
- 2020 mAh battery
But with this Benjamin Ho didn’t provide any time frame as to when the company is expected to release the device but we feel it would not happen until the second half of the year as if the Butterfly II has better specifications than the HTC One, it would hurt the sales of the flagship smartphone of the Taiwanese giant. What are your views on this report?
- Play Match-Maker with Spritzr Dating App
- Top Grossing Slot Apps
- How to increase app visibility in app store?
- Samsung Galaxy A7 is the slimmest phone from the company
- Asus ZenFone 2 with 4 GB RAM announced at CES 2015
- HTC Desire 620 dual SIM & Desire 620G announced
- OnePlus One launching in India on December 2 via Amazon
- Xiaomi RedMi Note going on sale in India on Dec 2nd
- Lenovo Vibe X2 now available from Flipkart for Rs.19,999
- Google Nexus 6 India price revealed
Follow us on Twitter