While the high-end HTC One is expected to be available in various markets around the world very soon, HTC has announced the launch of a new mid-speced smartphone called the HTC Desire L which brings in decent specifications and for now is an exclusive launch for prospective buyers in the company’s home-turf, Taiwan. The HTC Desire L arrives with a 4.3 inch Capacitive LCD2 display with a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels while the processing on the device is managed by a decent 1 GHz dual-core processor which is complemented with about 1 GB of RAM.
The internal storage on the HTC Desire L is pegged at 4 GB which users will be able to expand up to 32 GB using a microSD Card. HTC has included a 5 megapixel autofocus camera with HTC Image Chip which should give some nice results when coupled with a LED Flash and BSI Sensor. Sadly there is no front facing camera on the HTC Desire L. HTC has not revealed as to which version of Android OS runs on the smartphone but it will carry the HTC Sense 4.0 UI.
The connectivity options on the HTC Desire L include the usual 2G, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, GLONASS, GPS, 3.5mm headphone jack and microUSB port. The smartphone is powered by a 1800 mAh battery which seems to be enough to keep the smartphone running all day long with decent usage. While HTC has not announced any plans to make the device available in other markets, it will be available for 10,900 New Taiwan Dollar which equals to $366 approx from Taiwan’s Far Eastone Telecommunications in Taiwan.
HTC Desire L Specifications:
- 4.3 inch Super LCD2 Capacitive display
- Resolution of 800 x 480 pixels
- 1 GHz dual-core processor with 1 GB RAM
- 4 GB internal storage
- Expandable up to 32 GB
- Google Android OS, HTC Sense 4.0
- 5MP Autofocus camera with LED Flash
- HTC ImageChip and BSI sensor
- 2G, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS, GLONASS, 3.5mm headphone jack, microUSB port
- 1800 mAh battery
- How to Fight a Skeleton in Minecraft
- Play Match-Maker with Spritzr Dating App
- Top Grossing Slot Apps
- How to increase app visibility in app store?
- Samsung Galaxy A7 is the slimmest phone from the company
- Asus ZenFone 2 with 4 GB RAM announced at CES 2015
- HTC Desire 620 dual SIM & Desire 620G announced
- OnePlus One launching in India on December 2 via Amazon
- Xiaomi RedMi Note going on sale in India on Dec 2nd
- Lenovo Vibe X2 now available from Flipkart for Rs.19,999
Follow us on Twitter