We already know about Taiwanese giant HTC planning to unveil the much-leaked HTC M7 at on February 19th at a dedicated event in London and it seems we could see a couple of more smartphone accompany the flagship called the HTC M4 and the HTC G2. Details and possible specifications of the smartphones have leaked online and give us an insight as to what we could expect from the struggling company. The HTC M4 is expected to launch in the mid-high range smartphone going by the specifications that the device packs in while the HTC G2 is likely to be made available in the budget-range.
The HTC M4 is likely to feature a 4.3 inch 720p display while carrying a 1.2 GHz dual core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor complemented with 2 GB RAM. There will be a 13 MP camera on the M4 with a f/2.0 and 1080p capability while the front camera will be of 1.3 MP which is a little lesser than the HTC M7. According to the report, the smartphone will have 16 GB of internal storage which should be expandable while being powered by a 1700 mAh battery but we feel that a 1700 mAh is a bit less going by the HD display that the device carries and it will run on Android Jelly Bean OS, possibly the latest iteration.
Next is the HTC G2 which seems to be a successor to the HTC Desire C as the smartphone features some entry level specs and will carry a 3.5 inch display with a resolution of 480 x 320 (HVGA) which could be a setback if it is not priced rightly. The HTC G2 device will arrive with a 1 GHz processor complemented with 512 MB of RAM and 4 GB of internal memory. The HTC G2 will run on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich which again is 2 generation behind the current one and a decent 5 MP camera will be made available on the rear. Going by the battery, the smartphone will carry a 1400 mAh battery.
For now, we are expecting an unveiling at the February 19th event along with the HTC M7 if not, the company might unveil the HTC M4 and the HTC G2 at the Mobile World Congress 2013 by the end of this month.
- HTC Butterfly 2 with waterproof body,13 MP camera announced
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini Duos launching in India soon
- Celkon Millennium Dazzle Q44 with Android 4.4 launched
- XOLO 8X-1000 with new Hive UI launched for Rs.13,999
- HTC One Mini 2 with Android 4.4 announced, starts at €470
- Huawei Honor 3C launched in India for Rs.14,999
- Moto E with 4.3 inch qHD display, Android 4.4 launched for Rs.6999
- Karbonn Titanium Hexa to be available exclusively on Amazon.in
- Nokia Lumia 630 launched in India for Rs.10,500
- Oppo R1 launched in India
Follow us on Twitter