LG has today gone ahead and officially unveiled its flagship smartphone under the ‘G’ series called the LG G2 which is am interesting device as the company has decided to place the Power button and the Volume rockers, which are the only physical buttons on the smartphone, on the back of the device and not on the sides of the device. This is where the index fingers of an individual rest and should make it comfortable for them to operate the phone while using it.
LG has revealed that long-pressing on the rear-mounted volume keys of the LG G2 which allow users to launch QuickMemo and the camera app and the company feels that this will make note taking and photo capturing even easier than before. Also double tapping the display will unlock the phone. The LG G2 carries a 5.2 inch full HD display and the company feels that the size is ideal for one handed operaton as the display is almost edge-to-edge and the bezel measures just 2.65mm. The smartphone is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor clocking at 2.26 GHz and is coupled with 2 GB of RAM.
The LG G2 carries a 13 megapixel camera on the back with Optical Image Stabilization and 2.1 megapixel front facing camera. The internal storage on the device is pegged at 16 GB and 32 GB. Connectivity wise, the LG G2 arrives with 4G LTE, LTE-A (select markets), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS. The battery on the LG G2 is of 3000 mAh and the device will be available in White and Black colour options. Going by the availability, the LG G2 will roll out in the next 8 weeks starting with South Korea, North America and other markets.
Specifications of LG G2:
- 5.2 inch Full HD IPS display
- Display resolution of 1920×1080 pixels
- 2.26 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 16 GB / 32 GB internal memory
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash and OIS
- 2.1 MP front camera
- 2G, 3G, 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP
- 3000 mAh battery
- Play Match-Maker with Spritzr Dating App
- Top Grossing Slot Apps
- How to increase app visibility in app store?
- Samsung Galaxy A7 is the slimmest phone from the company
- Asus ZenFone 2 with 4 GB RAM announced at CES 2015
- HTC Desire 620 dual SIM & Desire 620G announced
- OnePlus One launching in India on December 2 via Amazon
- Xiaomi RedMi Note going on sale in India on Dec 2nd
- Lenovo Vibe X2 now available from Flipkart for Rs.19,999
- Google Nexus 6 India price revealed
Follow us on Twitter