Search engine giant Google has finally and officially announced the launch of the second generation of the Nexus 7 tablet which has already leaked and even got an unboxing treatment before the official announcement. The new Nexus 7 carries the same 7 inch display diagonally but the resolution of the tablet has been upgraded to 1920 x 1200 pixels which gives a sweet 323 PPI pixel density. The IPS panel allows users to experience a 178 degrees viewing angle and the glass is scratch-resistant.
The new Nexus 7 is powered by a 1.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor complimented with 2 GB RAM and runs on the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS which Google has just made official. The tablet carries a 5 megapixel camera on the back while a 1.2 megapixel front facing camera for hangouts and video chats has been included. The new Nexus 7 weighs about 319 grams and measures just 7.9mm thick. The new Nexus 7 will be available in two internal storage options, 16 GB and 32 GB for users to choose from.
The new Nexus 7 has dual stereo speakers, with Fraunhofer virtual surround sound. The device has a LED notification light just below the display while the back has a soft matte finish. The battery backup is pegged at 9 hours of video playback and 10 hours of web browsing. Google has announced that the new Nexus 7 will be available in three variant which are 16GB Wi-Fi, 32GB Wi-Fi, and 32GB WiFi+LTE and are priced at $229, $269, $349 respectively.
New Nexus 7 specifications:
- 7-inch IPS capacitive display
- Display resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels
- 1.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor Adreno 320 GPU
- 2 GB RAM
- 16 GB / 32 GB internal storage
- 5 megapixel rear camera
- 1.2 megapixel front camera
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, 3.5mm audio jack, 4G LTE (optional)
- 9 hours of video playback
- How to Fight a Skeleton in Minecraft
- Play Match-Maker with Spritzr Dating App
- Top Grossing Slot Apps
- How to increase app visibility in app store?
- Samsung Galaxy A7 is the slimmest phone from the company
- Asus ZenFone 2 with 4 GB RAM announced at CES 2015
- HTC Desire 620 dual SIM & Desire 620G announced
- OnePlus One launching in India on December 2 via Amazon
- Xiaomi RedMi Note going on sale in India on Dec 2nd
- Lenovo Vibe X2 now available from Flipkart for Rs.19,999
Follow us on Twitter