The moment has finally arrived and the Korean giant Samsung has finally, officially announced the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. We have definitely seen how the Note went on to create a new category called ‘Phablet’ and also how it became successful when it was first launched in 2011. And now, the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will be taking it ahead. As previously rumoured, the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 arrives with a larger 5.7 inch full HD AMOLED display which fits in a 151.2 x 79.2 x 8.3mm chasis.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will be powered by a 2.3 GHz quad-core processor for the LTE variant while the 3G version will run on 1.9 GHz Exynos 5 Octa processor coupled with 3 GB of RAM. The Note 3 will be available in 32 GB and 64 GB internal meory options whihc will further be expandable up to 64 GB using a microSD card slot. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will run on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS with Samsung’s very own TouchWiz UI on the top of it. The phablet has a 13 megapixel camera on the back with BSI sensor and CRI LED Flash for better low light image taking. A 2 megapixel with Smart Stabilization on the front is also available for users.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will also arrive with a series of software exhancements which include the following to make use of the improved S-Pen.
- Action Memo allows users to handwrite a note, and automatically execute a function or convert that handwritten information into formatted content. Action Memo can instantly initiate a call, add to contacts, look up an address on a map, search the web, save a task to a to-do list, and more.
- Scrapbook enables users to organize or track down content and information from various sources including the web, YouTube and Gallery in one place so that users can easily look back at collected content all at once. When consumers save content for future use, Scrapbook also collects source material or URLs allowing them to easily refer back to the original source.
- The Screen Write feature captures the full screen image of the current page on the device and allows users to write comments or additional information onto the captured image.
- S Finder allows users to expansively search for content on their device regardless of the type. By putting in keywords or filters such as date, location, and content type, users can search related documents, events, communication threads, and even the Help page – all in one place. In addition, users can also search for hand-written content in their Notes and memo applications, as well as symbols and formulas.
- Pen Window allows users to use the S Pen not only for drawing sketches or writing notes, but now also for opening a small application window for a true multitasking experience. Simply by drawing a window of any size, anywhere on the screen, users can easily and quickly open another application window such as YouTube, calculator or Browser without pausing current activity on the screen.
The back of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is made up of soft and textured leather and the device will be available in three color options which are Jet Black, White and Blush Pink with a range of covers in multiple colours also being made available at launch. Connectivity options will include 2G, 3G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, MHL, NFC, microUSB and 3.5mm audio jack. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will be powered by a 3200 mAh battery and the device will be available from September 25th across 149 countries. Pricing will be revealed close to the launch.
- Play Match-Maker with Spritzr Dating App
- Top Grossing Slot Apps
- How to increase app visibility in app store?
- Samsung Galaxy A7 is the slimmest phone from the company
- Asus ZenFone 2 with 4 GB RAM announced at CES 2015
- HTC Desire 620 dual SIM & Desire 620G announced
- OnePlus One launching in India on December 2 via Amazon
- Xiaomi RedMi Note going on sale in India on Dec 2nd
- Lenovo Vibe X2 now available from Flipkart for Rs.19,999
- Google Nexus 6 India price revealed
Follow us on Twitter