We have seen the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 leak in the past and the device was made official at the Mobile World Congress 2013 and now, the Korean giant has officially announced the device for the Indian subcontinent as the Samsung Galaxy Note 510. Also being referred to as the iPad Mini competitor, the Samsung Galaxy Note 510 has an 8-inch TFT Capacitive display with a display resolution of 1280×800 pixels. A 1.6 GHz quad-core processor gives the device all the much-needed processing power coupled with 2 GB of RAM.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 510 will be made available in two storage options of 16 GB and 32 GB while this is expandable up to 64 GB which will take care of all your storage needs. The Note 510 runs on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean out-of-the-box which, we feel could be upgradable to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS. A 5 MP camera on the back of the device will take care of all your photography needs with a 1.3 MP front facing camera.
Users will also be able to make voice call from the Samsung Galaxy Note 510 with the help of the SIM slot provided on the device and going by the connectivity options, 2G, 3G, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS, 3.5mm audio jack and microUSB has been included. A powerful 4,600 mAh battery runs all the show on the 8-inch Samsung Galaxy Note 510 and which should keep you going all through the day. The Note 510 also packs in the popular S-Pen which once users remove from the device, it will automatically detect the move and go launch features that will suggest adapted menus and with the Air View feature, just hovering the S-Pen on the screen will display previews of the files or application without having to open it. With the Note 510, users will also be able to control the capacitive back and menu buttons using the S-Pen.
Currently there is no information as to when the Samsung Galaxy Note 510 will be available in the market for buyers and how much will it cost but given that it is the top competitor to the iPad Mini, it will be interesting to see how Samsung prices the tablet. Would you buy one?
Specifications of the Samsung Galaxy Note 510:
- 8 inch display with resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels
- 1.6 GHz quad-core processor with 2 GB RAM
- 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory
- Expandable up to 64 GB
- 5 megapixel rear camera, 1.3 megapixel front camera
- Google Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean
- GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, 2G, 3G,Wi-Fi
- 4,600mAh battery
- Play Match-Maker with Spritzr Dating App
- Top Grossing Slot Apps
- How to increase app visibility in app store?
- Samsung Galaxy A7 is the slimmest phone from the company
- Asus ZenFone 2 with 4 GB RAM announced at CES 2015
- HTC Desire 620 dual SIM & Desire 620G announced
- OnePlus One launching in India on December 2 via Amazon
- Xiaomi RedMi Note going on sale in India on Dec 2nd
- Lenovo Vibe X2 now available from Flipkart for Rs.19,999
- Google Nexus 6 India price revealed
Follow us on Twitter