Samsung launched its flagship, the Samsung Galaxy S4 just under a month ago and the smartphone will cross the 10 million sales mark sometime next week while we have already heard about and there has also been a confirmation that a rugged version of the Samsung Galaxy S4 will be out very soon. And now new details on the smartphone, possibly to arrive as the Samsung Galaxy S4 J Active have appeared.
First, the Samsung Galaxy S4 J Active will arrive in two variants, one model with number SGH-I537 is expected to be heading for the AT&T in the US, while another model called the GT-I9295 will be released in Europe and other markets internationally. Interestingly, the Samsung Galaxy S4 J Active is expected to run on Qualcomm’s Snapgragon S4 Plus quad-core processor clocking at 1.9 GHz instead of the Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 which is found in the US variant of the S4 and will also be ditching the Exynos 5 Octa as in the international variant.
This revelation has come to light via a GFX Benchmark result for the Samsung Galaxy S4 J Active and apart from bringing waterproof and dustproof, the Smartphone will run on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS and all the other specifications of the smartphone are expected to remain the same as that of the Samsung Galaxy S4. We wonder if Samsung compromised on the processor to keep the cost of the device low and also making it rugged on at the same time or was there any other reason. The smartphone is expected to be announced anytime in the next couple of months.
What is your take on a waterproof Samsung Galaxy S4? Do we even need it or is it high time Sammy launch a unique smartphone to compete with the likes of the Sony Xperia Z? Let us know in the comments section below.
- How to Fight a Skeleton in Minecraft
- Play Match-Maker with Spritzr Dating App
- Top Grossing Slot Apps
- How to increase app visibility in app store?
- Samsung Galaxy A7 is the slimmest phone from the company
- Asus ZenFone 2 with 4 GB RAM announced at CES 2015
- HTC Desire 620 dual SIM & Desire 620G announced
- OnePlus One launching in India on December 2 via Amazon
- Xiaomi RedMi Note going on sale in India on Dec 2nd
- Lenovo Vibe X2 now available from Flipkart for Rs.19,999
Follow us on Twitter