Samsung has started rolling out official Android 3.2 update for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi and 3G version. This update is now available in India for Galaxy Tab 750. This Android 3.2 Honeycomb update comes with some new apps, minor user interface tweaks and performance improvements. Galaxy Tab 10.1 can be updated to Android 3.2 using Samsung Kies software on Windows computer or using OTA (Over The Air) option. Previously Android 3.2 was only available using unofficial ROM. Today I’m going to show you how to update Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 to Android 3.2 using OTA. Before that let’s take a look at the change log –
Samsung Galaxy Tab Android 3.2 Honeycomb change log –
Latest Honeycomb 3.2 update brings many new features and performance improvements over previous Android 3.1. After the update Galaxy Tab 10.1 feels little faster and we can see some minor user interface tweaks. Samsung’s popular AllShare app is now it is available for Galaxy Tab. AllShare app comes pre-installed with mobile phones like Galaxy S, Galaxy SII etc . This application enables to share Photos, Videos, Music with PC and DLNA compatible TVs over Wi-Fi network. This update also brings new compatibility mode for apps which are not optimized for tablets. You can now stretch or zoom an android app to make it full screen. We noticed slightly better scores in some benchmarkning apps like AnTuTu. Overall this Android 3.2 update for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 will make the great tablet better.
- Samsung AllShare app comes pre-installed
- Galaxy Tab now supports Wi-Fi direct technology
- User interface feels more responsive
- Brings new compatibility mode for apps which are not optimized for tablets
- There are some minor user interface tweaks like redesigned back button, little change in animations, glowing effect at the end of lists just like Gingerbread,
- Updated tablet optimized Android Market
- Redesigned Readers Hub
- Some new widgets and ringtone.
- Now the quick launch apps only shows up when the little arrow icon at the toolbar is touched, swipe up gesture no longer works.
Update Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 to Android 3.2 using OTA –
First fully charge the Tab and connect to your Wi-Fi network. It is recommended to use Wi-Fi because it will download around 90MB files.
Now go to Setting and navigate to ‘About tablet’ section. Click on ‘About device’ -‘ Software Update’ – ‘Update’, now it will search for latest firmware available. A notification will be shown that new firmware is available to download. The size of this Android 3.2 firmware update is around 89 MB. Follow the onscreen instruction and complete firmware update process. It will take around 10-15 min to complete the firmware update process.
- How to Fight a Skeleton in Minecraft
- Play Match-Maker with Spritzr Dating App
- Top Grossing Slot Apps
- How to increase app visibility in app store?
- Samsung Galaxy A7 is the slimmest phone from the company
- Asus ZenFone 2 with 4 GB RAM announced at CES 2015
- HTC Desire 620 dual SIM & Desire 620G announced
- OnePlus One launching in India on December 2 via Amazon
- Xiaomi RedMi Note going on sale in India on Dec 2nd
- Lenovo Vibe X2 now available from Flipkart for Rs.19,999
Follow us on Twitter