While most of the Samsung Galaxy Tab users are still waiting for the official Ice Cream Sandwich update, developers at the XDA forum have managed to successfully create a working Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Jelly Bean ROM. This Android Jelly Bean ROM brings all the goodness of the latest and greatest Android operating system to popular Galaxy Tab 10.1 series (GT 7500 and GT 7510). Currently most of the things like touch screen, audio, 3G (for GT7500), Wi-Fi, hardware accelerated video, etc are working fine. However, camera does not work, we have to wait for the official Ice Cream Sandwich update for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 to get the drivers.
I’ve installed this Jelly Bean ROM on Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-7500 (3G version) and I really like the performance boost which this update brings. The user interface feels faster compared to Android Honeycomb 3.2. All the animations are a lot smoother, thanks to Google’s ‘Project Butter’ that promises buttery smooth operation on Jelly Bean. I’ve created a video of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 running Jelly Bean 4.1.1 –
Google Now and new voice search working perfectly on this Android 4.1.1 based CyanogenMod 10 Preview ROM. This Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Jelly Bean ROM is currently at the very Alpha stage. There are some bugs in the ROM, it may not be ready for day-to-day use. Still if you can not wait to install Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 then follow this link and get your hands dirty!
- Play Match-Maker with Spritzr Dating App
- Top Grossing Slot Apps
- How to increase app visibility in app store?
- Samsung Galaxy A7 is the slimmest phone from the company
- Asus ZenFone 2 with 4 GB RAM announced at CES 2015
- HTC Desire 620 dual SIM & Desire 620G announced
- OnePlus One launching in India on December 2 via Amazon
- Xiaomi RedMi Note going on sale in India on Dec 2nd
- Lenovo Vibe X2 now available from Flipkart for Rs.19,999
- Google Nexus 6 India price revealed
Follow us on Twitter