There are a lot of devices which are going to be announced at the upcoming Mobile World Congress 2013 in Barcelona next month and we were expecting Korean giant Samsung to announce the Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 Android smartphone at the event after details about the smartphone leaked recently. But the company felt it appropriate to announce the device a bit earlier and has made the 4 inch smartphone official with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS.
The Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 is a rugged smartphone as it is shock, sand dust and even waterproof as the device is IP67 certified which is the highest rating for a device. The Galaxy Xcover 2 can survive for up to 30 minutes at a depth of one meter. The design of the smartphone good gives it a tough look which the smartphone is.
The 4-inch TFT capacitive touchscreen of the Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 arrives with a display resolution of 800 x 480 pixels while the smartphone runs on 1 GHz dual-core processor of unknown built combined with 1 GB of RAM. The onboard storage of the Xcover 2 is 4 GB while it can be expanded using a microSD card to 32 GB.
The Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 carries a 5 MP Autofocus camera on the back with LED Flash for users to click some great shots while there is a VGA camera on the front for making video calls. The smartphone runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS with TouchWiz UI over the top. Going by the connectivity options, Samsung has packed in 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and FM Radio on the Galaxy Xcover 2. The smartphone is powered by a 1700 mAh battery.
Samsung is yet to announce the markets where the Xcover 2 will be made available and the price at which buyers could grab the rugged smartphone. We can expect the device to make an appearance at the Mobile World Congress 2013 next month.
Specifications of the Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2:
- 4-inch TFT Capacitive touch screen
- Resolution of 800 x 480 pixels
- 1 GHz dual-core processor with 1 GB RAM
- 4 GB internal memory, Expandable up to 32 GB using microSD card
- 5 MP Autofocus camera, LED Flash
- VGA front facing camera
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS
- Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, 3G
- 3.5mm headphone jack,microUSB 2.0
- 1700 mAh battery
- Play Match-Maker with Spritzr Dating App
- Top Grossing Slot Apps
- How to increase app visibility in app store?
- Samsung Galaxy A7 is the slimmest phone from the company
- Asus ZenFone 2 with 4 GB RAM announced at CES 2015
- HTC Desire 620 dual SIM & Desire 620G announced
- OnePlus One launching in India on December 2 via Amazon
- Xiaomi RedMi Note going on sale in India on Dec 2nd
- Lenovo Vibe X2 now available from Flipkart for Rs.19,999
- Google Nexus 6 India price revealed
Follow us on Twitter