While Sony is recently in love with announcing waterproof and dustproof smartphones, the company has today announced an addition to its existing range of Xperia smartphones but minus the waterproof feature with the launch of a mid-range Android device called the Sony Xperia M. The Xperia M arrives with a decent 4 inch TFT display with a resolution of 854 x 480 pixels while being powered by a 1 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus processor with Adreno 305 GPU coupled with 1 GB of RAM.
The Sony Xperia M follows the company’s OmniBalance design principles and is a company device which measures 124 x 62 x 9.3mm and weighs 115g. Sony has also included a RGB light strip at the bottom of the smartphone which will display the colorful alerts for notifications which are pending. It has 4 GB of internal memory of which 2.4 GB will be available for users while it is also expandable to 32 GB using a microSD card slot.
A 5 megapixel auto focus camera with LED Flash and capability of shooting videos at 720p is included at the back of the Sony Xperia M while a VGA front facing camera is available for video calls. Android 4.2 Jelly Bean will run the show on the smartphone and connectivity options include 2G, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3.5mm audio jack and AGPS. A 1750 mAh battery will power the Sony Xperia M and the smartphone will be available in single SIM and dual-SIM variant sometime in Q3 2013. The device will be available in White, Black, Purple and Yellow colour options.
Sony Xperia M Specifications:
- 4 inch TFT capacitive touch screen
- Display resolution of 800 x 480 pixels
- 1 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 4 GB internal storage
- Expandable to 32 GB
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 5 megapixel camera with LED Flash
- VGA front facing camera
- 2G, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3.5mm audio jack and AGPS
- 1750 mAh battery
- How to Fight a Skeleton in Minecraft
- Play Match-Maker with Spritzr Dating App
- Top Grossing Slot Apps
- How to increase app visibility in app store?
- Samsung Galaxy A7 is the slimmest phone from the company
- Asus ZenFone 2 with 4 GB RAM announced at CES 2015
- HTC Desire 620 dual SIM & Desire 620G announced
- OnePlus One launching in India on December 2 via Amazon
- Xiaomi RedMi Note going on sale in India on Dec 2nd
- Lenovo Vibe X2 now available from Flipkart for Rs.19,999
Follow us on Twitter