It seems like Sony is planning to flood the smartphone market this time around . With the Sony Xperia Z , Xperia ZL and the Sony Xperia E dual and Xperia E reaching shores of various international markets, the company has now announced the launch of a new smartphone called the Sony Xperia SP which will be available some time in Q2 2013. The Sony Xperia SP is a 4.6 inch smartphone which arrives with a HD Reality Display with Sony’s Mobile Bravia Engine 2. The smartphone is powered by a 1.7 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM8960 processor complemented with 1 GB of RAM. The Xperia SP has 8 GB of internal storage which will be expandable up to 32 GB using a microSD card, thus taking all care of your storage needs. Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is the OS which is powering the device.
For all your camera needs, there is an 8 MP camera with LED Flash along with Exmor RS sensor which will allow users to take HDR images. For making video calls, a VGA front facing camera has also been included. Sony has added a color-changing transparent element with customizable illuminations at the bottom of the Sony Xperia SP.
Going by the connectivity options, the Sony Xperia SP has 4G LTE capability (region dependent), 3G, 2G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, DNLA, MHL and NFC. The smartphone is powered by a powerful 2370 mAh battery which should keep it going. The smartphone will be available in White, Red and Black color options starting Q2 2013.
Sony Xperia SP specifications:
- 4.6-inch HD Reality Display with with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- Resolution of 1280 × 720 pixels
- Pixel density of at 319PPI
- 1.7 GHz Dual-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, 1 GB RAM
- 8 GB internal memory
- Expandable to 32 GB
- 8 MP camera with LED Flash, Exmor RS sensor
- VGA front camera
- Bluetooth, GPS, MHL, NFC, DNLA
- 4G LTE, 3G, 2G, WiFi
- 2370 mAh battery
- How to Fight a Skeleton in Minecraft
- Play Match-Maker with Spritzr Dating App
- Top Grossing Slot Apps
- How to increase app visibility in app store?
- Samsung Galaxy A7 is the slimmest phone from the company
- Asus ZenFone 2 with 4 GB RAM announced at CES 2015
- HTC Desire 620 dual SIM & Desire 620G announced
- OnePlus One launching in India on December 2 via Amazon
- Xiaomi RedMi Note going on sale in India on Dec 2nd
- Lenovo Vibe X2 now available from Flipkart for Rs.19,999
Follow us on Twitter