Sony Mobiles has a press event scheduled in Germany on June 25th, 2013 and according to the rumours, the company is all set to announce the Sony ‘Togari’ which will arrive as the Sony Xperia ZU or the Sony Xperia Z Ultra which is a 6.4 inch full-HD Trilumious display with X-Reality for Mobile and will go on to compete with the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note III. Also the rumours suggest that Sony will also use Neonode’s MutliSensing touch technology in the Xperia Z Ultra which will enable the device to accept an input from almost anything, even a pencil. Yepp.
Two images of the Sony Xperia Z Ultra have appeared online and to show how big the display of the Phablet is, someone decided to place a cute cat on the Z Ultra and then take a picture of it. From the looks, the phablet does go on to carry the design from Sony Tablet Z and Sony Xperia Z with straight edges and an amazingly thin profile.
Apart from the large 6.4 inch display, the Sony Xperia Z Ultra is expected to be powered by a 2.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor coupled with Adreno 330 GPU and about 2 GB of RAM. The rear camera on the back of the device is said to be that of 8 megapixel resolution (Exmor RS Sensos) which is a disappointment but it seems that Sony is facing some supply issues of the 13 megapixel sensors. The front camera is said to be of 2.2 megapixel resolution.
The Sony Xperia Z Ultra will be running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS and is also expected to pack in an ingress rating of IP55/IP58 which will make it waterproof and dust resistant. For now, take all of this with a grain of salt as nothing is confirmed until Sony takes the centre stage and make the device official.
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S going on sale for Rs.5,999 in India
- LG L60 X-147 with Android 4.4 now available online
- HTC Butterfly 2 with waterproof body,13 MP camera announced
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini Duos launching in India soon
- Celkon Millennium Dazzle Q44 with Android 4.4 launched
- XOLO 8X-1000 with new Hive UI launched for Rs.13,999
- HTC One Mini 2 with Android 4.4 announced, starts at €470
- Huawei Honor 3C launched in India for Rs.14,999
- Moto E with 4.3 inch qHD display, Android 4.4 launched for Rs.6999
- Karbonn Titanium Hexa to be available exclusively on Amazon.in
Follow us on Twitter