The IFA 2014 is on and it is raining smartphones and tablets at the event. And after Samsung announced the Galaxy Note 4 phablet, it is Sony who has taken turn and announced it flagship, the Sony Xperia Z3 smartphone, within 6 months of it announcing the Sony Xperia Z2. The Sony Xperia Z3 comes with a lot of improvements over its predecessor which include a better display, camera, processor and more. To start with, the Z3 comes with a 5.2-inch full HD Triluminos Display with Live Colour LED powered by X-Reality engine and has a 600 cd brightness.
The phone is powered by a better 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor which is coupled with 3GB RAM and the internal memory is pegged at 16 GB with an expansion slot up to 128 GB. The phone has Sony DSEE HX audio technology for improved sound quality.
The Sony Xperia Z3 has a 20.7 megapixel camera on the back with Exmos RS sensor which is also capable of recording 4K Videos and there is a decent 2.2 megapixel front facing camera. Running on Android 4.4.4 KitKat out of the box, the Xperia Z3 comes with IP65/68 Ingress ratings making it both dust and water resistant. The Sony XPeria Z3 has adopted a new and better design with the rounded edges and has 2G, 3G, 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.0,Wi-FI, MHL 3.0, NFC, GLONASS, A-GPS and is just 7.3mm thick. There is a 3100 mAh battery with STAMINA mode is available on the phone.
To go on sale globally this autumn, the Sony Xperia Z3 will be available Copper, Green, Black and White colour options with no details on the pricing yet. We will share more on it, as and when Sony shares more on it.
Sony Xperia Z3 specifications:
- 5.2 inch Triluminos Display with Live Colour LED powered by X-Reality engine
- 600 cd brightness
- Resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor
- 3GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage
- Expandable via microSD card
- 20.7MP primary camera
- 2.2MP front camera
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS
- IP65/68 rating
- 3100 mAh Battery with STAMINA mode
- How to Fight a Skeleton in Minecraft
- Play Match-Maker with Spritzr Dating App
- Top Grossing Slot Apps
- How to increase app visibility in app store?
- Samsung Galaxy A7 is the slimmest phone from the company
- Asus ZenFone 2 with 4 GB RAM announced at CES 2015
- HTC Desire 620 dual SIM & Desire 620G announced
- OnePlus One launching in India on December 2 via Amazon
- Xiaomi RedMi Note going on sale in India on Dec 2nd
- Lenovo Vibe X2 now available from Flipkart for Rs.19,999
Follow us on Twitter