A new Android smartphone from XOLO has been announced and the latest addition to the series is the XOLO A500. The XOLO A500 is a 4 inch smartphone which doesn’t run on Intel’s Atom processor like the XOLO X900 and instead is powered by a powerful 1 GHz dual-core Snapdragon Krait processor and runs on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS which is better than Android 2.3 Gingerbread. It is good to see the XOLO A500 being powered by the Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Krait processor as it is better than the dual-core MediaTek processor on which XOLO had previously launched the A700 and A800 in the A-series. This also goes to show that the company will not limit its smartphone from running on Intel’s Atom and MediaTek’s dual-core processors.
The XOLO A500‘s 4-inch TFT screen has a display resolution of 800 x 480 pixels while the device arrives with 512 MB of RAM. The internal storage available on the Lava A500 is 4 GB which users can expand 32 GB using a microSD card. To unleash your photographic talents, the XOLO A500 has a 5 MP camera with Flash on the back while for making video calls, you can use the front facing VGA Camera.
The smartphone arrives with the usual connectivity options which go on to include the microUSB v2.0, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 3G HSDPA, 3.5mm headphone jack FM Radio and GPS/A-GPS. The smartphone gets all the juice from a powerful 1500 mAh battery which is decent too. The XOLO 500 has been priced at Rs.6,999 which will make a competitor of the Karbonn A9+.
Specifications of XOLO A500:
4-inch TFT Capacitive screen with resolution of 800 x 480 pixels
1 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Krait processor, 512 MB RAM
4 GB internal memory, Expandable to 32 GB
5 MP camera with Flash, VGA front camera
Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS
microUSB 2.0, Bluetooth
FM Radio, 3G HSDPA
1500 mAh battery
- Spice Dream UNO Android One launched for Rs.6299
- Spice Android One Dream UNO Mi-498 leaks on Flipkart
- Apple iPhone 6 officially launched with 4.7 inch display
- Sony Xperia Z3 with upgraded specs and better design official
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 officially announced
- Lenovo A536 launched with 5 inch display, quad-core SoC
- Xolo Q1000s Plus with 5 inch FHD, 3000 mAh battery announced
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S going on sale for Rs.5,999 in India
- LG L60 X-147 with Android 4.4 now available online
- HTC Butterfly 2 with waterproof body,13 MP camera announced
Follow us on Twitter