A new Android smartphone from XOLO has been announced and the latest addition to the series is the XOLO A500. The XOLO A500 is a 4 inch smartphone which doesn’t run on Intel’s Atom processor like the XOLO X900 and instead is powered by a powerful 1 GHz dual-core Snapdragon Krait processor and runs on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS which is better than Android 2.3 Gingerbread. It is good to see the XOLO A500 being powered by the Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Krait processor as it is better than the dual-core MediaTek processor on which XOLO had previously launched the A700 and A800 in the A-series. This also goes to show that the company will not limit its smartphone from running on Intel’s Atom and MediaTek’s dual-core processors.
The XOLO A500‘s 4-inch TFT screen has a display resolution of 800 x 480 pixels while the device arrives with 512 MB of RAM. The internal storage available on the Lava A500 is 4 GB which users can expand 32 GB using a microSD card. To unleash your photographic talents, the XOLO A500 has a 5 MP camera with Flash on the back while for making video calls, you can use the front facing VGA Camera.
The smartphone arrives with the usual connectivity options which go on to include the microUSB v2.0, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 3G HSDPA, 3.5mm headphone jack FM Radio and GPS/A-GPS. The smartphone gets all the juice from a powerful 1500 mAh battery which is decent too. The XOLO 500 has been priced at Rs.6,999 which will make a competitor of the Karbonn A9+.
Specifications of XOLO A500:
4-inch TFT Capacitive screen with resolution of 800 x 480 pixels
1 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Krait processor, 512 MB RAM
4 GB internal memory, Expandable to 32 GB
5 MP camera with Flash, VGA front camera
Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS
microUSB 2.0, Bluetooth
FM Radio, 3G HSDPA
1500 mAh battery
- Xiaomi RedMi Note going on sale in India on Dec 2nd
- Lenovo Vibe X2 now available from Flipkart for Rs.19,999
- Google Nexus 6 India price revealed
- Samsung Galaxy A5 with slim unibody metal design launched
- HTC Desire EYE with 13 MP front camera goes official
- LG G3 Stylus launched in India for Rs.21500
- Apple iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus India Pricing revealed
- Nokia Lumia 730 with 5 MP selfie-centric camera launched in India
- BlackBerry Passport launched in India for Rs.49,990
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha officially launched in India
Follow us on Twitter